Monday, March 30, 2009

The hut on the mountain


I had this creative urge but unfortunately I was unable to channelize it! I tried to paint after a gap of ten years but the feedback was that, it was made by my seventh standard daughter! (personally I thought it was quite a pretty picture). It was my dream site -towering mountains, a lovely clear blue river meandering through it, with pretty rounded stones dotting the placid waters, the bank fringed with green bushes and trees. The greens, blues and oranges giving me a lot of happiness.

I had invested a lot of money buying brushes, paints and canvas to begin my artistic journey. I had purposely not put my ultimate desire in the painting- that of a hut on the mountain slope mainly because I want to journey to my beautiful hut and a journey cannot be done with one creative step, can it be? But still no appreciation by my small audience!


I think that the fact that I had not invested any emotion in the painting made it so lifeless and two dimensional. I still have another canvas and  when I do that painting, a little spirit of 'the hut on the mountain' will be reflected in it and the appreciation that we all crave for, will be mine!


It's so ironic that I now live on the eighteenth floor in a city like Mumbai and I can see the mountains in the far horizon (I thank god for that) and instead of a river I have a large drain passing by down below- so near yet so far! For the last three years I have been staying in this city of dreams, living a nightmare! every day has been an effort to survive but at the end of the day I have learnt that there is a very thin line separating dreams and nightmares. it is how you look at the picture- the smog that fills the city every evening can be looked at as the mist on a hilly forest ( You will say 'ha! ha! very funny!' in a sarcastic way) but believe me all it takes to change the perspective is your thought process.
Its been very tough ( being a pessimist) to transcend these heights. so every man can reach his dreams if he dares to do so. I discovered this secret very recently hence my attempt to put thoughts on to paper with a hope that it will help me scale my heights and clear all smog that clouds our mind.

I plan to push this very stubborn mind of mine to accept certain facts and hope you can do that to yours too and get your hut on the mountain as I shall mine.

2 comments:

  1. hey ,that was good.
    Why had you not thought of writing blogs before?You can channelise your creative writing into the blogoshphere and will be much appreciated.

    keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been a long time since I saw something you wrote. The internets will get your hut on the mountain very soon :)

    ReplyDelete