Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Currency graph



When I woke up to a cold morning today, it was drizzling. I love the cold, feeling energized, (after a long time I had woken up without being prodded!)I went about doing the morning chores as usual but I think with a little spring in my steps(at least in my mind!)

When Junu showed me the beautiful rainbow in the sky over the sea it was lovely! But as he was behaving like a child who has just seen his first rainbow, I couldn't do the same could I? I maintained a dignified demeanor! I realized later that it had been a waste of an emotion.I mean why can't we let go sometimes and behave in the true manner of our hearts?? Anyway the moment had gone so there is nothing more to say about that.

The new year has begun; A new decade in fact; the last decade has been turbulent to say the least! Not only for me personally but for the world as well. Terrorism has spread and has reincarnated itself like the hydra and we can only go on cutting off its head one at a time to keep it in some semblance of our perspective, when we will reach its immortal head and slay it? Or when will Hercules come and complete this modern task is indeed the question that continues to trouble all of us. But we live on in hope for an non existence Utopia!

Other than indulging in playing games on the computer I have developed a new interest- I keep on checking the dollar to rupees conversion on the net and looking at the squiggly graphs that very miraculously come up at the touch of a tab!I look at the hourly one; the daily one; the monthly one and then the yearly one. I don't know what kind of pleasure it gives me but I do (No explanations for my latest weirdness!)

I just wish there was a tab to check my life's graph and see the ups and downs and based on that predict the next decade of ups and downs in my life!

Today the graph has peaked whether it's the dollar or me - I leave it for you to figure out!

Happy new year with the hope that every graph peaks (especially the ones related to each one of us) and all the colours of the rainbow amalgamate in our dreams and take us where we desire

4 comments:

  1. Very, very nicely written - as always ! I wish I could write that way.

    Did I behave like a child ?!! Well, I wish all of us could let go of our complex adultness - and be exuberant, not only with the rare rainbow - but with every moment that is so different from the previous.Just imagine ...how life would be, if we could rejoice every single moment and see the rainbows that are not so apparent ...but exist all the time.

    Fascinated by the graph ...well, it is just a perception !! Expand the scales of both the X - Y axis and...viola !! - you will find that it is a flat horizontal line - no ups and downs, but a serene line at peace with itself. Over years and decades, these ups and downs are glorified because we think so much about it - but in reality, these are so trivial, in the cosmic sense. So why bother ?? Instead, let us try and find those hidden rainbows and exult in the joy of life !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a rainbow today too!
    small one... and I jumped like a little kid :P
    My friends find this attitude of mine delighting ( or that's what they say to me) . I am ridiculed lightly and sometimes seriously... usually i don't allow it to get to me.. but on some rare occasions it does.
    And yup.. at some instances I do control the childish side n me and lose out a lovely moment to express an emotion...

    I was talking to Khudi today and she was telling me how every child has 2 components - a child component and an adult component... I think as one grows old the child component is suppressed and adult one projected.. but never is the former destroyed... it remains.. dormant... waiting for the lovely rainbow-in this case :) - to pop up!

    I think! that life's too short... ( dunno why i feel so strongly abt that despite being only 2 decades.. oh that sounds old... :P ) and one mustn't hesitate to do what one's heart desires!


    I dunno what to say abt the graphs... but i would like to tell u one more theory of mine! i don't like the ideas of horoscopes and tarot cards... fun as they might be... but i think knowing ones future would ruin all the fun life has in store for us. Fun being both good or bad. And knowing abt the events before hand.. doesn't really help in changing what might happen... it will happen anyway... ( oh this is very metaphysical and physics topic.. to be discussed another time :P )

    missin u!

    next time! don't hesitate to bounce and laugh out loudly! ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing you too darling! I am glad you realize that letting yourself go at times is important.
    About horoscopes and tarot cards- they really can't predict the future completely but its fun to know and dream about the things they tell us!
    If you can take them with a pinch of salt your life is made! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah, Wah
    Kya comments kya comments.

    Ill make it sure and sweet.
    I love the rainbow thing,
    so funny papa acting like a kid! :P

    And and the graph thing, i love how you framed it :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete