Friday, January 6, 2012

Unreal Events




The blinding light took my breath away. I gasped, as I sort of recognized the form. It has been more than six months that I had this experience but dreams are strange….. Unconnected thoughts connect each other and everything feels real in this dimension of life.


The day before I had very energetically decided on going for the short walk to get Chiqui some highlighters and pens from an Art shop near our old apartment; I went for my usual treadmill jaunt; came back and took the hardworking (supposedly!) student to pick up stationary. We were given an added list of things to be picked up from the shop. I made my own list of things to be picked up from the Pharmacy and the Metro and off we went.


Both of us were warmly clothed against the cold winter breeze. It was sunny but blustery and we were glad of the extra coat we were wearing.  We tripped out talking nineteen to a dozen in the sun trying to go up and down the pedestrian walk. I remember feeling full of energy.


We were right in front of the Arts College when my companion pointed out to our old apartment and I instinctively looked at it. Even from that distance I could see all the lights blazing in the house (Remember it was still daylight) and for that instant I saw my old friend (read “The sixth sense”) or at least his form. Many will argue about how I could see him from so far away and to all I shall say “if I could see all the lights blazing in the house I can see this form on the balcony!” I felt a little shaken and looked down as I stumbled a bit. I looked up again but there was no one there! I assumed I had imagined it and didn’t mention it to anyone.


After our shopping in the Art shop we walked back and when we were just opposite the house again Chiqui noticed that I was walking as if I was exhausted and said so. I just pooh poohed it away and we went home after completing all the other shopping. By the time we reached home I was thoroughly exhausted and had begun having a headache. The evening was normal and I did all my chores along with my headache and slept complaining of sore throat and headache.


The next day was terrible. Husband had gone off early so he didn’t realize my state. The morning was horrible I dragged myself doing all I could do so that the kids would be able to have breakfast and lunch properly.  Then I dozed on and off – seeing horrible dreams! Popping Crocin because by now I was aching all over and that’s the only medicine I could think of taking. 

I then dreamt of my friend recurrently and woke up to understand what was happening. I felt a little better and talked with Chiqui about this possibility and then felt worse and went off to doze again; quite convinced that the ‘evil eye’ had to be removed before I could  ever get well again!

Poor Husband! He was welcomed with a sick wife after a hard day’s work! He was also made to do the ritual of ‘evil eye removal’ and then I dozed again, off and on. I do remember being given food and people walking around but I felt relieved- as if a tight band of iron was removed from around my head! I slept the night through.

Hubby says I was moaning throughout as if I was in a great deal of pain but I don’t recall anything! I woke up absolutely tired but well. The aches and pains had disappeared; the headache had also vanished and the constant desire to sleep had evaporated and I was almost normal and till now I am doing all my normal activity. 

The question now is what kind of infection was it that laid me down for twenty four hours? I was so down that I felt I was at death’s door. Anyway was this infection cured by Crocin or by the ‘evil eye removal’ ritual? Was my sickness psychological?  If it was, then what was the reason for my high temperature?

Whatever it was I will not go near my old apartment again as I now remember that an almost identical thing had happened the last time I went near it. In fact Hubby dear had banned me from looking in that direction when we drive past it….

On second thoughts could it be the shot of cognac which scared the ghost fever off?????

No comments:

Post a Comment