Thursday, April 23, 2009

A new beginning


I realised what a powerful tool the mind is. For the last 8 to 9 months I had been moaning and groaning and blaming everything, everyone and myself for the state I was in. Believe me physically I was in great pain! Mind never worked! It had buried itself in a vast quagmire of self pity. I even started planning out the division of my jewellery between my two children! It was that bad. The usual round of hospitals and doctors did yield a few problems and I was given a million solution. Then I came across this book called "The Secret" which I read with a lot of reluctance (I normally don't believe in things that I term as "Gyan") But I was in such dire straits that I was like a drowning man clutching at a straw! so I read it, was made to listen to it and even watched the video based on it.

I think everyone who is going through any crisis (The young life, the mid-life or the old-life crisis) should read it. It has something for everyone. The ultimate choice is yours. That is you choose to pick up what you want. It was this freedom of choice that lured me into it. It's simple language was another attraction. It does promise you a lot of things which may not come true, but your basic problems do get solved. Maybe if I had followed the nitty gritties, everything would come out positive.

For the present I am happy that most of my physical problems are all solved. My mind has come out from the hell it was in and is growing freely in a world of sunlight and fresh air. I think it was Marlowe who made Faust say"There is no heaven or hell, it is all in our mind" ( I am not sure as to its accuracy) but that is what I experienced in these last few months!

MIND AND BODY
Life limped along at a sedate pace
The mind, the impatient mind
A tyrant, sadist, thoughtless brute
Lashed limping life
With the whip of truth.
Blind life saw a streak of light
And limped along faster
Thinking not of the physical body
It dragged itself towards its goal.
The body cried in agony to deaf life
Bruised and battered it sobbed along
Beads of tears came down
From its very heart.
It eroded the body!
Limb after limb fell down exhausted
But life limped on to its object
And the mind still impatient
Prodded it along with
The spear of conscience.

1983

This was written more than twenty years ago but unconsciously I had realised the strength of the mind. i-It just took me so long to accept this consciously!

No comments:

Post a Comment